It's another boy! (See evident "boy shot" on the bottom right). And everything about him looks to be perfect which is always such a relief to hear. For a while there I thought it might be a girl due to the nausea I was having the first trimester. But as time went on and as I could feel this baby kicking around 15 weeks and at 17-18 weeks even while I was up doing stuff (I didn't feel Carter until 19 weeks and Landon about 16 weeks but had to lay still to feel them for a few weeks after that) I felt like I started to think it was a boy. At my checkup in February around 18 weeks when they were using the sonogram it seriously sounded like the baby was bashing into the microphone he was kicking/moving so much. I feel like that was the moment I was about 98% sure it was a boy. Dane said he went back and forth between what he thought it was but said he'd been leaning towards boy too. My mom was the only one who was steadfast and thought it was a boy from the get go. Seems like everyone else thought it was a girl. Guess odds were more likely that it'd be the other gender, but nope! Dane and I have said for a long time that we felt like we were destined for 3 boys and a house of complete chaos. As we were outside the other night and the two boys were running around we both just kinda looked at each other wide eyed and Dane said "I can't even imagine what it'll be like when there's 3 of them. I knew it'd be busy with 3 kids and a new baby and all but they are crazy boys." Yep - they are all boy around these parts. It'll be busy and crazy and there will probably be lots of broken bones but we're so so excited (while also slightly terrified) for all of that. We both love the craziness of our boys and I can't wait to add one more into the mix. As I was throwing my children face first into a pile of pillows and blankets and their small couches (they find this to be awesome and hilarious) I realized I'm pretty sure boys were just what I was meant to have considering it was my idea to throw them into said pile. :) Ever since Carter was itty bitty I've said I wanted 3 boys - guess I'm just a little shocked it actually happened. I love the relationship Carter and Landon are developing and I think it'll be fun to have all brothers. I come from 3 girls and while I'm sure I would have traded my sisters for other ones at times I don't remember ever thinking I wished I had a brother. I think sometimes in families without a match up of gender some kids wish they had someone of the same gender - and some probably like being the only boy or girl too. It's been so interesting seeing and hearing what people's reactions when they find out we'll have 3 boys. We've gotten a lot of wow- that'll be busy and no rest for the weary. There's also been a lot of talk about just needing to pad our basement and put a drain in the center so we can send them all down there and then hose it off. It's all been pretty funny. After watching Game of Thrones the other night Leanne pointed out to Dane that I would have been a hot commodity in medieval times providing him with 3 sons - nowadays though we just get looked at like we're slightly mad. Can't wait for this little guy to get here though and to see what he's like. Both the boys, especially Carter are pretty excited too. Carter keeps telling me that my belly is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Who knows what he'll say to me in the next couple months when it's huge! Carter's also provided a lot of insight on names. He's told us no on some of our suggestions and thinks that baby should be Jackson (the name of his friend who is imaginary that he always talks about) or Luke (cause Luke is the tallest boy in his preschool class). Which at least those two names are better than his original suggestion of Hermie. Landon is currently in a phase of loving babies but I'll be curious to see what he thinks about with a baby that sticks around and doesn't go home after a while. It'll be lots of fun and we can't wait for July!
And now for some weekly photos - with a 6 week gap in there...and a realization I should probably stop wearing stripes :)

1 comment:
Wear the stripes! You look adorable! 3 is really fun. I feel like you get a 6 month window of adjustment after they are born and before they start moving:) You guys will love it.
Post a Comment