Monday, December 15, 2008

The Holiday Season

Dane and Chesni on their way to ski
Leanne and Niley's first trip to cut down a tree

Going to find our Charlie Brown tree


Playing with the fake belly at GAP Maternity



Baby Huffman, Christmas is quickly approaching and we've been enjoying the holiday season. During Thanksgiving I went out to Spokane and enjoyed some time with Leanne. We went to one of her friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and had a great time! We then made the trek back to Colorado and after 16 hours of driving made it safely. Dane enjoyed spending time with his family and actually spent Thanksgiving night at the firehouse running shift. We also enjoyed going to go get a Christmas tree from the Winter Park area which has become a tradition of ours. The dogs had a wonderful time playing in the snow and hiking, but I definitely was moving slower than I have in years past. It amazes me how much more quickly I seem to get out of breath now. I'm still feeling good and having no problems. I made it through the first trimester with no morning sickness so I should be in the clear, which I am extremely thankful for! I seem to be getting a little more energy back and am not quite so exhausted now. My waistline is definitely expanding and I've really enjoyed having Leanne around to go get "chubby girl" clothes, as I like to call them. We had a great time with a fake prego belly at GAP maternity. I'm also learning the art of trying to jimmy rig my pants up so I can keep the top button undone while keeping my fly up. Hair ties and bobby pins have been very useful! I'm still not really showing, just getting thicker. Dane also made a contribution to my staying fit while being pregnant by buying a Wii - however, he seems to be logging a lot more hours than I am! He claims it's good for the baby though... We have another doctor's appointment next week so I'm excited to hear about baby's progress!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yeah! Congratulations. Being a parent is so much fun. So here is my ultimate preggo tip for you. Go to Motherhood maternity and buy the secret fit belly pants. Do not buy any other pants! I know they look dorky but they are God's gift to pregnant women. Especially as you really start to get big they are almost as good as sweat pants. Congrats again.
Becky

My Blog List