Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We were all over the place this 4th of July weekend.  We got to do a lot of fun things though and had a great time.  Dane ended up taking Friday off too so it was really nice to get to spend 4 days together as a family.  We started out by heading to the Rockies game on Friday night.  Carter was really excited about it all.  He kept dancing and clapping and thoroughly enjoying himself.  He surprisingly stayed awake for the whole game and then stayed up for the fireworks.  Considering his bedtime is usually around 7, staying up until 10:15 was a big feat.  I think Dane and I were both prepared for a melt down to happen and were pretty shocked it didn't occur.  Nick, Nate and Stephen also met us at the game so maybe Carter was just trying to impress all the guys. 
Pretty close seatts we ended up with...not really, we were in the last row.  That actually is fine by me though - then Carter could stand up on the seats and look through the fence behind us. 

On Saturday we just spent most of the day hanging out at home.  We headed over to Dave and Jessica's (our neighbors) for a BBQ.  They also had another couple over who had a 9 month old daughter so Carter got to play with another baby.  I think they were more interested in swapping toys then actually playing with each other.  Once again though Carter was a crazy boy and stayed up until about 10.  The next day we headed out early to a 5k race in Lone Tree.  I was looking for a race we could do on the 4th and found one that took strollers and dogs.  I've never really seen a race before that allowed you to bring your dog, so I decided it was meant for us.  So me, Dane, Carter and Chesni all headed out for the race. 
We finished the race in about 28 minutes and Dane thought we could have even gone a couple minutes faster if it hadn't been so crowded at the start - it's hard to navigate with a stroller and dog!  I was happy with finishing in under 30 minutes though.  I'm definitely much more of a slow pace kinda girl!
Chesni was pretty worn out after our 3 mile run...
Carter was ready to go though!
We headed out to Sedalia to tailgate and BBQ with the Dallmans and watch the fireworks.  Carter was having a ton of fun with these little beach chairs.  I guess he found them to be really amusing since they were low to the ground and more his size. 
Little pink strawberry face
More time climbing in the chair
After 2 nights of staying up WAY past his bedtime Carter couldn't take anymore.  Luckily Bob and Jenny had their RV there and Carter crashed out at 8.  I laid him down like this and he didn't budge until we left - fireworks going off and all.  Even with all the rain on the 4th we really enjoyed ourselves and were happy to see some fireworks. 
On Monday we headed up with Bob, Jenny and Jason to Horsetooth to do some boating.  This was Carter's first time on the boat - wind, water and motion - he was a happy kid!
We went and found a nice beach area in a cove and set up camp.  While we were eating lunch Carter got to go out for a little tube ride with the boys. 
Jason showing off some of his moves on the knee board
The surroundings weren't too shabby!
For a guy that hadn't been wake boarding in a few years, Dane was pretty impressive!
I on the other hand was not...I've only been wake boarding a couple times before and I think the last time I went was my junior year of college (sadly almost 7 years ago...) and I always was with a big group of guys who were not interested in me trying to learn (plus I was more interested in riding in the boat and getting a tan).  So I really don't know what I'm doing, so I got up for a bit...
But spent most of my time like this.
Jenny showed us all how it's done!
Carter just sat and hung out and watched everyone wake board and pretty much just got rocked to sleep by the boat. 
Our beach area
2 happy campers
Dinner with my parents and sister
Carter was passed out after dinner and did not want to leave Grammy's shoulder!

No comments:

My Blog List