Dane and I keep knocking on wood after all our comments about Landon. I'm hesitant to even really write much about him and how he's been for fear that it will jinx it. He has been the easiest baby I have ever seen (knock on wood). He doesn't really cry - just grunts, sleeps like a champ already (the other night I only had to get up once - knocking on wood as I write this...) and will sleep anywhere and is ridiculously laid back. Carter was pretty easy so we were expecting more of a challenge but so far it hasn't happened. I'm still waiting to see if things change but this first week has been a breeze - not at all what we were expecting. I think some of it is the experience we now have and there's not those moments of sheer terror when the baby starts to cry or pees on himself, etc. that we had with Carter, but more so I think the ease has been due to Landon's laid back ways. I think it makes Dane a little nervous though because he asked me how many kids this made me want to have after seeing how smoothly it's all gone so far with 2. Carter has also done way better with it than we expected too. We thought he'd be jealous but so far he's just pretty excited about his brother and is sometimes probably a little too helpful. He's tried to share snacks with him, give him toys and wants to hold him and would like to try to pick him up. So instead of having to watch out for hitting and throwing like we were expecting we're having to make sure Carter's not being too nice/helpful with his brother. We're still expecting all of this to come crashing down and that we will be a sleep deprived disaster of a house but are enjoying it while we can :) We even made a trip down to Colorado Springs on Thursday to go visit my parents. Carter had a ton of fun playing in the pool, digging with Butters and running around the house. Landon enjoyed his naps there as well.
| Sleeping away |
| Carter shared a biscotti with Dane the other day, but just ate all the chocolate off the bottom and became a chocolatey mess |
| We gave him the hose hoping it'd wash some of the chocolate away |
| Landon enjoyed being out in the breeze too and snuggling with Auntie Leanne |
| More sleeping the next day... |
| Carter was loving the slide on the pool |
| Landon enjoying pool time too |
| A brave boy even going head first down the slide |
| Coming to get me and the camera |
| So worn out after all that playing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment