Well we've made it through the tough part - well at least what I consider the tough part. Landon is now 5 1/2 weeks old and we survived. It really hasn't been bad at all and I remember struggling more when Carter was an infant. Now my challenge is trying to find some sort of balance and find time with 2 kids. I'm sure this will get easier and easier as Landon gets older and I can't wait until he and Carter are running around playing together. You can tell already they will be the best of friends. The thing that distinguishes Landon the most after his first month of life is that he is a pig. A real big pig. It is seriously amazing how much this kid eats. He eats all the time and eats a lot. I feel like he eats now what Carter ate like at 9 months. Apparently Landon's trying to weigh as much as his brother by his first birthday - 5 weeks in and he's already half way there! He still sleeps great at night though and is really only getting up once around 3:30. He's generally happy, but gets cranky when he's gassy and he and I seem to constantly smell like spit up - it's great. He's got a special talent for avoiding the burp cloth and spitting up on me. We were really lucky that Carter spit up twice - ever. Landon is burping and spitting up all the time. I read that should get better around 4 months so here's hoping! He's just started to smile within the last week (actually smile at you - not smile while pooping) which I love. I was exhausted the other night and at 4 a.m. he looked at me and gave me a big grin. Melted my heart and made the exhaustion worth it. He's also starting to coo a little bit and is enjoying "play time" more. He's started to bat at the toys on the play mat and was fascinated the other day by a vibrating and rattling elephant. He's definitely our chubbers and is such a sweet boy.
| Some nice snuggles |
| Look at those chubby cheeks starting! |
| Will we somehow have 2 blue eyed boys??? His eyes aren't getting any darker... |
| Dane called this his gangster pose |
| Little artist - water color and play dough are new favorite activities |
| Check out those big boy unders! |
| He loves to run - just run anywhere. Here he was doing sprints in the hall with his fire hat on. Ready, set, go! |
These little guys make Dane and I so happy while trying us so much at the same time. You can always tell if it's been a good or wearing day by asking us how many kids we want. I've always maintained that we'd have 2 and then it'd be a case by case basis but thinking we'd probably end up with 3. Dane initially said he wanted 4 and then he leaned towards 2 or 3 after we had Carter. To my surprise about a week ago he said he thought he wanted 4 again, but then after leaving him alone on Saturday with the two of them while I did some errands he decided he might be done - 2 was enough. So we'll see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment