Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October (minus pumpkins and Halloween)

October seriously flew by.  Carter had 2 weeks off for fall break so it was fun having him home and we were busy do lots of fun stuff.  The thing I've noticed the most since having Owen is my picture taking has decreased significantly and most of my pictures when we're out are on my iPhone.  Due to the fact that I usually have a baby strapped to my chest lugging my camera around seems a little too burdensome.  Plus if I had my eye up to the view finder all the time I'd probably lose a kid or something without keeping my eyes on them at all times :)  We tried to get outside as much as possible knowing that winter is coming (I'm much more of an 80 degree and sunny weather kinda person) but Carter was SOOOOO excited on October 2nd when we got our first snow.  He got all bundled up and headed out while me and the little boys stayed inside.  
 A few days later it was of course warm again and we headed down to my parents for a couple days.  The boys love to dig with the dogs. 
 And play on their swing set. 




 They both love to swing, especially Landon.  My dad got a good arm workout pushing both of them. 
 We also got to try out a new yogurt place

 and they discovered drinking straight from the bowl is most efficient once the yogurt has started to melt. 

 Carter is such a good brother.  Sometimes I worry he's a little too Lenny like and loves his baby brother too much.  I spend a lot of time saying, "Carter, give him some space.  Back up.  Not so loud.  Be easy with him."  But most of the time he's very sweet and always has good intentions.  Here he was teaching Owen about Rescue Bots. 
 Then showing him some dance moves.  
 And lastly, telling him some jokes.  Owen loves it usually and just smiles and smiles at him or sits there wide eyed looking slightly terrified :) 
A couple weeks later we got more snow and a few inches this time around.  Carter was excited to have a snowball fight with me and Landon even decided to venture out.  Getting him to bundle up was a HUGE battle last year so I was pleasantly surprised when he asked to go outside and agreed to getting all his clothes on.  He mostly just walked around and ate the snow. 
 The dogs always love it. 
 Mmmmmm, delicious
 Carter showing me the snowball he made to throw at me 
 This guy fully discovered his fingers and how soft and chewy they are.  He's got them in his mouth all the time. 
 more big brother love

 Happy as could be in his jumper
 such a chubbo
 It's surprising he can hold his head up so high with such large cheeks
 Still no rolling over quite yet though I think he could do it - he gets distracted by his chubby wrists and will just sit and chew on them quite contently 
 He's also becoming more and more interested in his toys.  He's getting so big!  I'm a little sad about it :( 

No comments:

My Blog List