Last Saturday Carter turned 15 months old. I cannot believe he's already that old - time is flying by way too quickly. Dane says we just need to work on having a brother for Carter so we have another baby around. According to Dane we have 2 boys then a girl. We'll see how his grand scheme works out... Along with Carter turning 15 months Dane had the 9/11 memorial stair climb that morning. This was the 3rd year he's done it and I think it's something that is really meaningful to him. Climbing 110 flights would be hard enough for most people and all these firefighters put on their full gear (which I think is about 75 pounds) and climb the Qwest building twice. I'm always so impressed how well he does with it. As if that wasn't enough we then had the Denver 1/2 marathon the next day. Dane did really well even with his knee starting to bug him at about mile 8 (that'll happen after you've climbed so many stairs) and I was able to finish with a not ridiculously slow time. I think I even managed to impress Dane a little bit :) While I was proud of myself for finishing one, I think I might stick to the 5 and 10k's for the time being. Much easier to do!
Still able to stand afterwards
Our big 15 month old! With cheesey grins
and loving sticking his tongue out. Right now I think he might think he's part lizard.
We had a big thing of cottage cheese and Carter has really been into feeding himself with his spoons and forks. He was really wanting to feed himself so I left him have at it. Super messy but he enjoyed himself and it's things like this that make me thankful for the dog - always there to clean up food!
Cottage cheese goatee
Little athlete! Carter loves to throw balls, well he loves to throw anything actually. Caught an action shot here.
He's also figured out how to use his lacrosse stick and is working on making Uncle Andy proud.
Hanging out in the shade on the porch after all that running around
Little rammie in the making
There must be something genetic in my family with sticking your tongue out the side of your mouth. My dad's always done it, I've always done it and now Carter is doing it.
Trying out his first popsicle - not so sure about it. Poor guy has been getting all sort of teeth lately. He got a third one up front on the bottom and then a week or so later got a molar! I was hoping the popsicle would help him out a little but he wasn't too into it.
Riding the horse at the park
and the car
and bringing me handfuls of wood chips
We were at jamba juice not too long ago and discovered Carter really likes smoothies so I made him his own homemade one.
Carter is getting to be more and more independent and like a little person. He loves to feed himself, put his shoes on (and try to put our shoes on), run around, try to climb on everything, be outside, get tickled, give kisses and have occasional tantrums (it's amazing how dramatic he can be sometimes - like rolling on the ground wailing like his life is over. While I know we shouldn't laugh it's usually pretty funny and hard to keep a straight face when he's being so dramatic. Luckily he usually starts to laugh as well though and then seems to have no idea why he's even on the floor.). He loves his daddy SO much and can't get enough of him. Dancing is also a favorite pastime and he's getting some pretty fancy moves including arm waves and a leg kick. He's overall still a pretty chill little guy but definitely busy and definitely a boy. He's starting to say more and more words and it's nice to be able to even just get head nods to know what he wants. He's also learned to bring us whatever he wants which involves bringing the pack of oreos from the pantry to us as often as he can. So he's also learning how to deal with not getting everything he wants. He keeps us laughing and on our toes at all times.
2 comments:
sounds like our kiddos should have a dance off...Marley has a signature kick too. ha ha. he is such a cutie!!!!! love!
I so agree about how nice it is to have a dog!
Post a Comment