The annual Huffman family tradition continued this year and we headed up near Winter Park to cut down our Christmas tree. I thought Carter would be more excited about the snow and the sled ride, but he was the most excited about lunch in the back of the truck. I'm sure next year will be a little more fun filled for him.
Leanne's 3rd year with us!
Dane proudly standing next to our tree! Dane and Carter stayed with the sled on the trail (Dane remembered everything except his own snow boots...) while Leanne and I went hiking around trying to find a tree. We didn't have a whole lot of luck but then spotted this beauty right by Dane and Carter - we could have saved ourselves a 20 minute trudge through the snow :)
Intently watching Dane cut down the tree
Carter's favorite part of the day - lunch time!
Picture with Smokey
Carter entertained himself coloring while we tried to get the tree ready and setup
In all its glory! We went with a pine this year rather than a blue spruce...
We could not keep Carter off the ladder - he was very excited about helping.
Dane suddenly disappeared for a bit before we started putting on ornaments and Leanne and I wondered what he was doing. I hollered for him and he said he was just prepping. I then went into the kitchen and this is apparently how he preps for putting up ornaments.
Putting the star on top
And the finished product - we love our Charlie Brown trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment