That's right - as many of you already know our family is expanding to 4. We are super excited (well Dane's starting to get a little nervous) but overall are ready for this new transition. I'm 12 weeks along today with baby #2 due June 21st (we always said we wanted kids 2 years apart - who knew we'd get so close...Carter's due date was June 16th and he was born on the 11th). I think we've been ready for a second for a bit now, but I had two weddings this fall that I was a bridesmaid in so I wanted to be sure I'd fit in my dresses. Somewhat selfish point - but as expensive as the dresses are on their own I didn't want to have to mess with getting panels added, blah, blah, blah. Luckily I figured I'd be pregnant during Tracey's wedding and we ordered a size bigger for such things. Hopefully the flowing dress she picked out will fit my belly at 7 months pregnant! We initially talked about giving things a go after Courtney's wedding and were planning on having baby #2 due in July or August. We kept talking about how we'd be pregnant in October and on and on. Not many things make me worry or nervous but being pregnant does. I feel like it's such a lucky thing to even get pregnant that talking about it like it was a sure thing was going to jinx us. So after Kristy's wedding in September nerves got the best of us and we figured we'd just see what happened. Well just like the first time around it took about a week. We talked about it, decided to try and then a few short weeks later the pregnancy test came back positive (though I will admit this time around I was much more anxious to find out and took about 3 tests that turned out negative - I tried taking them WAY too early). I did also tell Dane at about 2 weeks that I knew I was pregnant, also before the tests agreed. During Courtney's wedding I was only about 4 weeks along but knew that a couple of my super observant friends would notice (Courtney is very quick to notice when I'm not drinking and asks if I'm pregnant, which she's been doing for the past year) so I knew that with the rehearsal dinner and reception someone would figure out something and I didn't want to have the question come out in front of a lot of people because I would have been terrible at lying about it. So we shared the news early on with a few people but swore them all to secrecy - that whole worrying/jinxing thing came into play again. I did also discover at Courtney's reception that ginger ale looks exactly the same as a red bull vodka. I just ordered a ginger ale initially because a) I like it and b) it helps settle queasy stomachs. Conveniently it also helped me dodge any questions of why I wasn't drinking because it appeared to most people I was. I've been feeling a little more nauseous this time around (well I think I have at least - it's hard to say because last time I could just lay around all I wanted but now have a toddler to chase after), and am battling with the usual fatigue and all the fun things that come along with pregnany. My sister gave me a card that said "Pregnancy is the happiest you'll ever be about feeling like crap," - sums it up pretty well. Things have been going well though and baby has looked good at the last 2 doctors appointments. We've gotten an ultrasound at both appointments which has been fun. They did one this go round at 12 weeks because they now have advanced tests for downs syndrome - amazing what can change in 2 years. I always like seeing baby and it's amazing how much growth has happened in 4 weeks. Well here the pictures are of our new little bean!

Baby at 8 weeks
Baby along with heartbeat
Baby today at 12 weeks - snoozing during the ultrasound. We got 4 pictures, but they all look exactly the same. The little bean was just hanging out with its hand right by its face not wanting to move and napping :)
1 comment:
So happy for you! I was wondering if this might be on the horizon for you guys. Having two is awesome. New challenges for sure, but still so much fun. Hope you feel great soon!
Post a Comment