Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Huffman Family is Growing!

Meet Sparky - the newest family member.  We got her a few weeks ago from someone my mom knew who has been looking for a home for her.  She is a 4 year old golden and is as sweet as could be.  She's never been around kids but as most goldens are, she's great with them.  She however has not been so great to their plastic toys and pacifiers.  She loves both of these things.  But she's getting better and soon enough I think she'll be a perfect little dog.  She follows me around everywhere and is always right by my side which is usually nice but can make diaper changing on the floor a bit of a challenge.  She seems to be making herself comfortable with us though and seems pretty happy.  Carter thought it was destined to be since her name is Sparky and he loves all things fire related.  He has a video he watches that has Sparky, the fire dog at the firehouse so he's determined our Sparky is his very own fire dog.  When we were driving to pick her up we drove past a fire house and he started shouting at me, "Mom, stop there.  That's where Sparky is.  She's at the firehouse!"  And it appears that having girl dogs is the only way I'll have girls in my family :)





2 comments:

Carrie, Cory, Marley and Everly said...

I saw the title to your post and almost peed my pants thinking you were pregnant:-) Congrats on the newest addition:-) lol xo

Dane, Kelly, Carter and Landon said...

Yeah I kinda thought some might think that, which is why I think I did it :) too bad I can't actually see people's reactions though!

My Blog List