December kicked off with a lot of Christmas activities. We first headed out to the Starlighting with the Seymours. Last year we went downtown and discovered it was super crowded and where we were you couldn't really see the fireworks. So this year we planned to meet at a park right near the fairgrounds which had a great view of the rock/star and the fireworks. There was no one else there and the kids got to run around so it worked out much better. We decided next year we'll have to up our game and do a full on tailgate beforehand. Carter liked watching the fireworks but of course had to cover his ears for the loud noise.
Landon was sitting in a chair peeking out at the fireworks and then passed out shortly after - guess he didn't find them too impressive :)
and Owen slept through all of it too
Carter helped out with putting up Christmas lights
For whatever reason we've been struggling with Landon wanting to sleep in his bed. He seemed to miss his crib and would always go into Owen's room to get in the crib. Eventually we decided we needed to move Owen out of our room so we just put the pack and play in his room and moved the crib into Carter and Landon's room. He sleeps in the crib just fine but he climbs out whenever he wakes up. He's also recently decided that some days he doesn't need a nap. This was one of those days and as I looked at the iPad to see what he was doing this is how I found him. Not the most efficient way of climbing out...
Carter's letter to santa this year - I love what this kid has to say
Owen's first bath with the big boys - he just couldn't stop staring at Carter
Then he found a wash cloth and was happy as could be
Owen and his daddy
One night the boys wanted to get their sea shells out from New Jersey and they were listening to the ocean
Then Landon decided to have a conversation with the ocean
Another day that Landon decided he didn't want a nap... He was downstairs playing while I was cleaning up the kitchen then he just grabbed his blankie and paci and headed upstairs. A couple minutes later I went up there to see what he was doing and I found him in our room laying next to Owen as he was napping. I thought it was so sweet he went in there and laid right by him.
Dane and Carter headed to the holidays at the meadows one Saturday while I stayed home with the little guys (Owen was napping and Landon didn't want to put on pants that morning). Carter got lots of treats
looked at some reindeer
and had Dane take a picture of Santa. He only liked looking at Santa from afar this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment