Thursday, April 7, 2011

What would I do without my parents...

Apparently I should know I've been slacking on my blogging if even Leanne is hassling me considering she sees us all weekly and I usually talk to her daily...so I apparently need to get a couple of posts up to appease her!  So here goes...

Two weeks ago I was having a bit of an overwhelmed week - an overwhelmed with life kind of week. We're always ridiculously busy but with Dane being gone so much lately (though that should be ending soon - yay!), along with being pregnant and having a busy little toddler, I was struggling. I was feeling exhausted and like I just couldn't get ahead. I was talking to my mom on Wednesday and told her I was just going to take Thursday for myself. "To rest and relax?" she asked. "No, to clean and run errands," I said. To which she promptly told me that she, her bucket and crud cutter would be at my house at 9. Not only that, but she dragged my dad along with her. As she crawled around our house scrubbing baseboards and places that I've never even looked (like behind the toilet), I got to go through all our kitchen cupboards and clean/organize/get rid of stuff, while my dad wandered around hanging pictures and helping get Carter's new room ready. While our house will never be clean (I've accepted the fact this is impossible with a husband, little boy and dog) I got some of those projects done that I never have time for and felt a lot better. Our house tonight will be a mess again, but at least I know that tag isn't on the back of my toilet bowl anymore and our kitchen is as organized as it's ever been. And while my mom thinks we don't appreciate her and that we all love my dad more than her - thanks to her my mental state is in much better shape these last couple weeks than it was!

So here's Carter's current room.  We're just going to change the name on the wall for Baby L (yep we decided on the name a couple months ago and bought letters for the wall which makes it official) and then there you go - we're all done.  Easy enough!


 I've just got to pull out our bins of clothes and get all the baby stuff washed and put away but otherwise this room is all set for baby.
 Carter's "big boy" room is a work in progress.  I started taking stuff out and I'm hoping we'll have some time this weekend to get it all finished up.  We're going with a sports theme which Carter is very excited about.  He loves going into the room and talking about, playing with and saying the names of all the different kinds of balls.

 Some of the pictures my dad put in frames and hung up - old CSU football posters.
 And he moved the name over - now I just have to decide if I should keep the letters blue or paint them brown like I was initially planning on...
 I got these little decals and put them up in a few places.  I never would have thought this would have been traumatizing for Carter, but it was.  He has been hating the fact that there are balls outside of his reach and he's had some slight melt downs over the fact that he can't get to them.  For whatever reason this kind didn't want to stick on our walls so they've ended up falling down and Carter's been happy to find them and place them at his level.
 The other day someone (I won't mention any names) had left a sippy cup with Carter while he was taking his afternoon nap and it leaked all over his bed which I didn't discover until I was going to put him into bed for the night.  I took everything off and tossed it in the dryer but blew up his air mattress in the meantime.  Surprisingly he went down like a champ and passed right out. 
 4 hours later around 11:30 he started crying though.  When I went to check on him he was sitting up above the pillow, against the wall, looking confused and upset about where he was sleeping.  We snuggled for a bit and then I put him in his crib and he passed back out.  I'm hoping once he's on a real mattress it will be closer to his crib and he won't wake up.  We're planning on putting him on the bed sometime in May so we'll see how that goes!
 After all the work we got done at the house I was able to go up to Tracey's bachelorette party and relax and enjoy myself.  Here are me and all my college roommates outside of our old house with one of the current occupants, Kevin.  We all rarely get together so it was really nice to spend some time with these girls and while I never ever would have expected to be in some of the bars in Fort Collins in my current state, we had a great time.  Dane and I CANNOT WAIT for Sean and Tracey's wedding on the 16th!

No comments:

My Blog List