We had a great time in Chicago from Friday through Monday. It was really nice to get to spend some time with DeJorn and to be there for Mike's graduation from law school. Dane and I have been out to Chicago a few times now and it's always just a fun place to see. Carter did really well running around all over the place for 4 days. He also got 2 more teeth on Saturday night while we there. He woke up a few times that night, which is unusual for him, but we thought he was just off schedule and couldn't get comfy. Since he just got his second tooth up top on the 5th I didn't think anything about teething. But then Sunday morning he had 2 more teeth popping out up top. So considering what he had going on he did awesome! Maybe we just need to take a vacation every time he's about to get teeth - he's too distracted to feel bad :) I guess I would also say that Carter is now walking. He really started going all over the place while we were away. He was going up to 12-15 steps at a time. He still goes for crawling when he's looking for speed though and is a bit of a drunken sailor, but is getting pretty good at it. I'm guessing by his first birthday he'll mainly be walking. I was nervous about how he would do on the flights. He did great when we went out to New Jersey when he was 3 months old, but I wasn't sure if he'd sleep or if he'd want to run around and not be happy about sitting still. He did really well though. A little whining before he fell asleep, but on the way out there this is how he spent the flight.
Excited to have arrived in Chicago!!!
DeJorn got us a room at a great hotel downtown. It was just a few blocks away from Millennium park and this was our view from our room - not too shabby!
After we got checked in we headed over to Millennium park and of course had to show Carter the bean.
I stuck him in the bushes to get a picture of him by the tulips - he wasn't so sure about it though...
A creative beggar
On Saturday we headed to a cubs game so Carter also got to experience his first ride on the subway. We were sad we were missing the Rockies (they were in Chicago for a series starting Monday) but it was fun to experience Wrigley field. Dane and Carter still sported their Rockies hats. We even had a couple sitting next to us that were from Colorado too. Carter got a bear when we first got there and struggled to stay awake in his stroller. When we first got to our seats our row was pretty empty so he enjoyed getting to walk around along the seats. He then passed out and spent a good chunk of the game on my lap napping.
Carter was walking along the seats again after the game was done - this time he thought it was fun to try to grab all the beer cups so I had to race to keep ahead of him!
More pictures to come (I think Dane took about 550 - a ridiculous amount and about 530 of those are of buildings...)




No comments:
Post a Comment