We had a wonderful time the other weekend at Lake Granby and I think Carter thoroughly enjoyed his first camping trip. Being by water is a win win for all of us. Carter loves to get his feet wet and throw things in the water, Dane and I like sitting and relaxing while having a beer by the water and the dogs love to swim and splash in the water. Worked out well!
Carter thought the tent was pretty cool - especially because he could peek out the windows and see dad.
Hanging out in out camp chairs watching the dogs
Throwing rocks in the water
Finding weeds taller then himself
Exploring the beach
Even Daisy decided to strike a pose and be part of the family picture!
Trying out his first marshmallow
Cooking out
Enjoying the camp fire
Sleeping in his snowsuit and waking up nice and happy with the sunrise. He only woke up once during the night and it was because of the dogs. I think he was a little chilly so he laid next to Dane the inferno for a little while and then finally went back to sleep until 6:30. He had a couple of whimpers throughout the night but I was actually shocked by how well it went. Carter slept much better then the dogs!
Pretty sunrise
Chilly morning - we needed our hoods
Thought it was so funny to be walking on the picnic table
Pretty views
Tuckered out after all that adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment