Monday, April 23, 2012

Change of plans...

Well we still have yet to hear anything about the short sale.  While we knew it would take a long time we thought we would have at least heard something at this point since it's now been 2 months - but nope, nothing.  We'd continued to get daily updates about houses on the market covering pretty much all south Denver suburbs and had been keeping our eyes out.  We just didn't really see anything we liked more that the house on Dartmouth.  Then one Monday morning a couple weeks ago I saw a house in the Meadows in Castle Rock that sparked my interest.  So Dane and I met during lunch, put an offer in the next day and found out Wednesday that we beat out other bidders and our offer was accepted!  While moving to Castle Rock kinda changes some of our plans we absolutely love this neighborhood and I am so excited about the house.  We've got a lot of painting ahead - bright blue bathrooms, a bright blue bedroom, a purple bedroom and a baby blue living room are not exactly our style.  But we can see all the potential for the space and I can't wait!  We should close in mid May and just had our inspection last week so I don't foresee anything holding us up at this point.  While we'd previously looked at a lot of houses in Castle Rock at the beginning of our search everything we'd found seemed to be on the east side of I-25 and I just wasn't so sure about that.  I love this area to the west though and am thrilled (as is my mom since we'll be closer now) with it.  The thing that really sold us on the house was that it's in a cul-de-sac and there's some open space behind it as well as more open space and a walking path in front of it.  With 2 little boys I love the idea of them being able to go off and "explore" while I can still see them from the house.  Lots of work ahead but I can't wait! 

Big selling point #1 - open space behind the house
and selling points #2 and #3 - cul-de-sac and more open space!

2 comments:

Carrie, Cory, Marley and Everly said...

Awesome!!! and an even BIGGER selling point - you have your own mailbox!! I haven't had a real mailbox since I was little:-) Congrats! The house is so cute and I love the backyard!!

Courtney said...

Your new house is so cute!

My Blog List