Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Little Landon???

My little baby is just not so little anymore.  At 9 months he is doing more and more every day and he's a haus :)  We had his 9 month check up the other week and here were his stats:

Height: 29 1/4" (85th%)
Weight: 21 lbs 9.2 oz (80th%)
Head: 46.1 cm (80th%)

So he is no small baby!  He's also taking off with the crawling and he's started to pull up onto his knees.  He hasn't quite made it up onto his feet on his own but he's close.  He LOVES to be standing up and already seems to desperately want to walk.  He'll take a few steps if you're holding his hands and he's starting to scooch along the furniture.  He is such a happy baby and still so laid back.  The only time he ever fusses is when he's hungry, tired or in the car.  He seriously hates the car - he always has.  He's slightly better now but going on car rides with him is not something I look forward to.  Carter still always passes out in the car, while Landon never does :)  He loves cords and strings (safe, right?) and they are his preferred toy/chew thing.  He's also starting to decide his dad might be a pretty fun guy but he's still very much a mama's boy.  So much so that he'll start to cry if I leave the room or give him to someone else.  I love spending time with him, but at nearly 22 lbs. I feel like I'm quite often asking Dane to hold him cause my arms hurt!  He thinks Chesni and Carter are both great and crawls after both of them and their toys (why is the dogs water bowl always so exciting?).  He's very tolerant of his older brother and is quite calm about Carter sitting on him, wrestling with him, etc.  We're constantly trying to explain to Carter that Landon is a baby, even if he is almost the same size as Carter.  I figure Landon is just keeping tabs of all the shots Carter takes and soon enough he'll be able to pay him back :)  He's still babbling away but no clear words yet, but he does love to shake his head no.  He's chewing on everything and hopefully those upper teeth will poke through soon and relieve some teething.  He'll still eat just about anything and loves meat.  Rotisserie chicken may be his favorite.  He's become a much better sleeper the last few months but he refuses to get on a schedule with napping.  I guess he just likes to leave his day open in case something exciting comes up :)  In some ways this makes things easier because we can do whatever without necessarily having to avoid nap time - but presents a challenge on days when he just doesn't want to take a long nap and gets cranky because of that.  He is just such a sweet little baby and I can't believe in a couple months he'll already be 1!!!  He makes us laugh all the time and we're constantly saying how cute he is - we're definitely wrapped around his little (pudgy) finger!
So happy and always smiling
 



I seem to be able to capture more pictures of him like this - he's never holding still anymore!
 

Look at those eyelashes!!!  And those cheeks :)
Pulling up
 

and chewing on everything!

No comments:

My Blog List