Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stories of our two year old...

 So you wouldn't think a two year old sitting in the living room could walk over and lock the door in the ten seconds it took you to go grab another load of groceries, right?  Well that's what I thought...until I walked back up to the door, turned the knob and realized I was locked out.  Luckily Landon was still passed out in his car seat and Carter came back to the door and after about 2 minutes of me telling him to unlock it he got the lock turned back again.  Luckily he unlocked it and I was thanking god we have the dog door and I fit through it otherwise we probably would have had a broken window!
 Little cup for water? Yes, but it can also be used to pee in.  I looked over at Carter the other day and he was squatting over his cup peeing in it.  I couldn't yell at him because I was thankful he wasn't peeing on the carpet but how this idea came into his mind I don't know.  He's never seen anything like that but thought it seemed like a great idea.  Hopefully it was just a one time thing, but I guess it's nice to know he's up for peeing in objects other than his toilet if we're out and desperate. 
 Desk chair/spinning game.  We got a new desk chair and Carter loves to spin in it.  And I have to admit Dane and I probably did it a little too much and laughed a little too hard at him stumbling around like a little drunkard. 
 Cars are Carter's obsession.  They are everywhere in our house and he loves driving them around.  He has a little travel potty seat that has cars on it which he also decided he wanted to use as his race track.  Since pulling out the potty seat and putting it on the table at restaurants is not exactly what we want to do I made him the little mat below and that has seemed to suffice.  We have also probably watched Cars the movie about 50 times in the last few months and I have a feeling that trend will be continuing.  I think Dane is more excited than anyone for Cars 2 to come out so he has something new to watch!

No comments:

My Blog List